Saturday, December 10, 2011


Heaven's grocery store.


I was walking down life's highway a long time ago.
One day I saw a sign that read,
"HEAVEN'S GROCERY STORE".

As I got a little closer the door came open wide
And when I came to myself I was standing inside.

I saw a host of ANGELS.
They were standing everywhere.
One handed me a basket and said,
" My Child shop with care".

Everything a Christian needed
was in that grocery store.
And all you couldn't carry,
you could come back the next day for more.

First, I got some PATIENCE:
LOVE was in the same row.
Further down was UNDERSTANDING:
You need that everywhere you go.

I got a box or two of wisdom,
a bag or two of FAITH.
I just couldn't miss the HOLY GHOST,
For it was all over the place.

I stopped to get some
STRENGTH and COURAGE
To help me run this race.
By then my basket was getting full,
But I remembered I needed some GRACE.

I didn't forget SALVATION,
For SALVATION was free,
So I tried to get enough of that
To save both you and me.

Then I started up to the counter
To pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything
To do the MASTER'S will.

As I went up the aisle,
I saw PRAYER:
And I just had to put that in,
For I knew when I stepped outside,
I would run into sin.

PEACE AND JOY were plentiful;
They were last on the shelf.
SONG and PRAISE were hanging near,
So I just helped myself.

Then I said to the angel,
"Now, how much do I owe?"
He smiled and said,
"Just take them everywhere you go."

Again, I smiled and said,
"How much do I really owe?"

He smiled again and said,
" MY CHILD, JESUS PAID YOUR BILL
A LONG, LONG TIME AGO." 
Author unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Welcome to So Much Love Ministries. © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner